Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This blog is not for the faint-hearted or someone who wants to read the feel-good stuff. This blog is about the reality of breast cancer and surgeries, as I know it, as I have experienced it. This blog is about saving a woman’s life, not bowing to the vanity crowd and the “I gotta have boobs” mentality.

Any comments on this blog are not intended to be medical or legal advice. If you want the medical spiel on breast cancer and surgical options, there are credible medical sites for those. If you want legal advice, call your county lawyer referral service. The comments you read here are based on 34 years of experience. No, I am not a surgeon, nor am I a nurse with limited education in the field. I am a breast cancer survivor. After 34 years, I can announce, “I HAVE SURVIVED BREAST CANCER.” I am not recovering. Been there done that. I AM RECOVERED! I AM A SURVIVOR!